Craftable items in Baldur’s Gate 3
Craftable items in Baldur’s Gate 3 include a variety of categories, namely Potions, Grenades, Elixirs, Coatings, Weapons, and more. Most of these items offer a wide range of effects that provide players with an advantage over their enemies. Although there are numerous craftable in-game items, it is only possible to carry a few at once. Thus, one must make use of their inventory to the fullest and craft the most efficient items.
Crafting in Baldur’s Gate 3
Crafting in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be divided into two major sections – Alchemy (Elixirs, Potions, Grenades, and Coatings), Weapons, and Armor. Like every other classic role-playing game, this Dungeons and Dragons-based title also requires players to collect and utilize the ingredients to craft an item. Therefore, players must farm the necessary components to craft something that might aid them in battle.
- Antidote: This item falls under the category of Potions and can be used to cure all types of poisons. Unlock by extracting Mugwort. Ingredients – Salts of Mugwort, any Suspension.
- Potion of Feather Fall: This Potion can be used to neutralize the fall damage that a player takes and is most efficient during exploration. Unlocks by extracting Autumn Crocus. Ingredients – Sublimate of Autumn Crocus, any essence.
- Potion of Glorious Vaulting: This Potion can be used to increase a player’s jump distance and is most efficient during exploration. Unlocks by extracting Wispweed. Ingredients – Sublimate of Wispweed, any Ashes.
- Potion of Supreme Healing: The Potion of Supreme Healing (10d4+8), as the name suggests, provides the highest healing effect (also removes the burning effect) of all the healing potions. Unlocks by extracting Ki-Rin Hair. Ingredients – Sublimate of Ki-Rin Hair, any Ashes.
- Potion of Invisibility: This Potion enables the user to turn invisible for 1 minute. However, attacking or casting spells would end the Potion’s effect. Thus, it can be used during combat to reposition and take an enemy out with the element of surprise. Unlocks by extracting Imp Patagium. Ingredients – Ashes of Imp Patagium, any Ashes.
- Potion of Speed: The Potion of Speed enables a player to gain the Haste effect for 3 consecutive turns. However, the user will also get the Exhausted effect when the potency ends. Unlocks by extracting Hyena Ear. Ingredients – Ashes of Hyena Ear, any Salt.
- Elixir of Bloodlust: This Elixir enables one to gain Bloodlust, which rewards them with 5 temporary Hit Points and an additional Action on killing an enemy. Unlocks by extracting Worg Fang. Ingredients – Ashes of Worg Fang, any Salt.
- Alchemist’s Fire: Alchemist’s Fire, an item that falls under the category of Grenades, deals 1d4 damage to enemies on each hit. Unlocks by extracting Fire Amber. Ingredients – Ashes of Fire Amber, any Salt.
- Fungal Bamboozler: The Fungal Bamboozler grenade puts the Befuddled status effect on contact with enemies, which restricts them from moving. Unlocks by extracting Timmask Spores. Ingredients – Essence of Timmask Spores, any Salt.
- Adamantine Scimitar: The Adamantine Scimitar is a melee weapon that deals 1d6+1 Slashing damage on each hit. It also adds the Reeling debuff for 1 turn. Mould – Scimitar Mould, Ore – Mithral Ore.
- Adamantine Longsword: The Adamantine Longsword deals 1d8+1 Slashing damage while one-handed and 1d10+1 Slashing damage while two-handed. One-handed and two-handed hits from this weapon add the Reeling debuff for 1 and 2 turns, respectively. Mould – Longsword Mould, Ore – Mithral Ore.
- Adamantine Splint Armor: The Adamantine Splint Armor is one of the rarest armors in Baldur’s Gate 3. It reduces all incoming damage by 2. Additionally, when an enemy lands a melee hit on the user equipped with this armor, they get the Reeling effect for 3 turns. Mould – Splint Mould, Ore – Mithral Ore.
Baldur’s Gate 3 offers players a wide variety of craftable items that can be used strategically to gain an advantage in battles. From Potions and Elixirs to Grenades and Weapons, players must gather the necessary ingredients and utilize their crafting skills to create powerful items. By making efficient use of their inventory, players can ensure they are well-equipped to face the challenges that lie ahead in the game.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is now available on PC. The PlayStation 5 version will be out on September 6, 2023.